Laugh Out Loud It’s Good For You
Laughter Really is the Best Medicine
Volkswagen knew what they were doing when they created this ad. Laughter is connected to a long list of physical and emotional benefits. It draws people together in ways that trigger healthy physical and emotional changes in the body. This, according to a current article by Help Guide.
It's Contagious ....
Because laughter is contagious, just hearing it signals our brains and prepares us to smile. This "Horsing Around" ad makes us smile. We believe the world would be a better place if we all smiled and laughed more.
And Inspires Hope and Connects Us to Others
Did you know laughter strengthens the immune system, boosts mood, diminishes pain, and protects us from the damaging effects of stress? Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh.
Humour lightens your burdens, inspires hope, connects us to others, keeps us grounded, focused and alert. It also helps release anger and forgive sooner. Below is a list of seven benefits of laughter.
Seven Benefits of Laughter:
- Relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes.
- Boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies. This improves resistance to disease.
- Triggers the release of endorphins. Laughter releases the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect us against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- Burns calories. It’s not a replacement for going to the gym, but one study found that laughing for 10 to 15 minutes a day can burn approximately 40 calories. This could be enough to lose three or four pounds over the course of a year.
- Lightens anger’s heavy load. Nothing diffuses anger and conflict faster than a shared laugh. Looking at the funny side can put problems into perspective and enable you to move on from confrontations without holding onto bitterness or resentment.
- Contributes to a longer life. A study in Norway found that people with a strong sense of humour outlived those who don’t laugh as much. The difference was particularly notable for those battling cancer. Continue reading by clicking this link.
We Laugh Less as Adults Than We Did as Children
As children, we laughed hundreds of times a day. Adults laugh less often, life tends to be more serious. When you're ready to have more fun in your life and more time to do the things important to you, please reach out to us. Click here to learn how to make your first 10k online.
Adrienne and Bob
Adrienne & Bob
We are digital entrepreneurs who took a courageous leap to start our online business. We have owned an Executive Recruitment company for over twenty years. The industry is being rapidly disrupted by technology. Our business isn’t scaleable and we constantly trade time for money. Our digital business allows us flexibility to work when and where we want and do the things we enjoy. We are passionate about helping others achieve the same.