Making Money Online – Part-time
Making money online part-time is a solution that fits people willing to get outside of their comfort zone and the traditional mindset. Perhaps you are working 9 to 5 in a traditional job and thinking there must be more to life than rolling out of bed, fighting the rush hour and wondering if your business or job is going to be around in 5-10 years.
Just yesterday General Motors announced the closure of 1 plant in Canada and 4 plants in the USA affecting 1000's of employees. General Motors has decided to move away from combustable automobiles and focus on electric and autonomous cars.
Maybe you have simply lost your passion because you have been doing the same thing for the last 20+ years. The thought of Monday ruins Sunday every week because of this pending doom and everyday you feel bored, unfulfilled and trapped.
Earn While You Learn
There is hope, earning while you learn and making money online may be a solution for supplementing your current income and opening you to a new and exciting world full of hope for time and financial freedom. Creating a part-time online business may be a less scary solution allowing you to decide if the digital world is right for you. We can almost promise, you will see things differently, knowledge is powerful that way!
Why A Part-time Online Business Makes Sense
- You are looking for something fresh and new - craving renewed passion
- There is fear the traditional pension and financial plan will not provide time and financial freedom. Lifetime dreams feel like unrealistic dreams
- Current household expenses are exceeding revenue - kids are in university, mortgage and lifestyle expectations are at their peak
- Many industries are being threatened by Tech Disruption
- Perhaps you are 50+ years old and it’s difficult to find a position that provides respectful and meaningful income
Hurdles May Get in Your Way
1) Not enough time
You believe you don’t have enough time to launch a part-time online business because you are working full-time.
Most affiliate marketers transition to a part-time online business from a full-time job with as little as 1 hour a day. Here is the “magic sauce” - if you are looking to supplement your income or transition out of your full-time job it's amazing how much time becomes available when you have a renewed passion to make something happen.
We have run our online business while working full-time at our executive search business. We are excited about our online business, there is no time for Netflix “binge watching”. We changed our mindset and created new deadlines to get things done. It's amazing with a few tweaks of our habits how much time there is available to learn new skills.
2) Don’t have the technical skills
If technical skills were the prerequisite to success within the online marketing business the only successful people would be software programers and website designers.
Successful digital marketing professionals tend to have a love for learning, are self-starting individuals who are driven and passionate about what they do. They are people who can work independently, lead others and work as part of a team.
3) Holding on to old beliefs
There are many books that have been written to help us change our lives. Albert Einstein quoted “the definition to insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results”.
4) Negative self-talk
We are often our own worst enemy and get in our own way when it comes to moving forward.
A voice in your head may say "How could I possibly be successful. No one in our family has ever been self- employed or learning something new will be too tough".
5) Making a change is scary
Paralysis of analysis often gets in the way of taking action. This part-time online option will reduce the fear of failure because you are able to take one step at a time, earn while you learn without leaving your current job.
As we mentioned in a previous blog and video the only way someone can fail is if they decide to quit.
How to Overcome These Hurdles
- Start with a renewed passion for learning - knowledge is power
- It is really key to understand the digital era is here now and the future. The industrial way of thinking and old beliefs are history.
- We are experiencing the “technical revolution” and we are in the information/digital age where we can choose to embrace and leave the traditional “industrial revolution” way of thinking behind.
- Perhaps time and financial freedom is your vision. Connect with your vision emotionally. Reconnect with your dreams and keep your eye on the end goal.
- Know that traditional work has kept you on a treadmill where you work, sleep, eat and repeat. The traditional way is not the “safe” way because disruption is all around us.
We began our online journey wakethefunup.com when we saw a video from the UK challenging us to look at an idea and move out of the traditional 9 to 5 world where we were trading time for money. We were offered the opportunity to watch 7 free videos from Six Figure Mentors (SFM) that changed our life.
Enjoy the journey!
Adrienne & Bob
We are digital entrepreneurs who took a courageous leap to start our online business. We have owned an Executive Recruitment company for over twenty years. The industry is being rapidly disrupted by technology. Our business isn’t scaleable and we constantly trade time for money. Our digital business allows us flexibility to work when and where we want and do the things we enjoy. We are passionate about helping others achieve the same.