Mother and Digital Entrepreneur
Raising four daughters has been fulfilling, humbling and challenging. It's an accumulation of experiences that has kept me young and put years on me all at the same time.
What I learned to be true:
- When life sends challenges I believe - this too shall pass - it usually does and we are often transformed in the process.
- Children are wiser and much more intuitive than we might sometimes give them credit.
- What we don’t say is much more powerful than what we do - actions speak volumes - children will do as we do - not as we say.
- Life is a series of experiences and choices that brings us to this place right now.
- The choices our adult children make can take us on journeys we never imagined - even though we are part of their journey, it is still their journey.
- We don’t know what we don’t know.
Just for Fun - A Few of Life’s Greatest Lies:
- One size fits all - ( Does it …. Does it really?)
- “Please Mom, can we get a puppy? - I’ll look after it”! ( How many children do you see out walking their dog?)
- I won’t survive the terrible twos or teenage years - we did - (perhaps a little bruised and dented)
- “Mom, don’t worry, I’m an adult” - (Right…..)
- Speak now or forever hold your peace (As a mother I struggle with this)
- The harder I work, the more successful I will become (More tired, more frazzled maybe)
My daughters are now 22 - 29 and the challenges I thought were enormous in their young years, I don’t remember. Memory has a way of being selective. When I didn’t think I would survive the teenage years, I was always thankful for the momentary glimmers of hope - seeing them all at different times as the wonderful people I knew they really were. I knew they would come back…. they all have in their own unique way. I realize now challenges don’t end when the teenage years are over, I’m getting better at telling myself “It’s their journey, not mine”. They're adults right?
Applying Lessons Learned to the Digital World
Through all this time - perhaps the greatest lie I told myself was the harder I worked, the more successful I would become. Now, so many years later, I asked myself, what is success anyway? I realize now success means different things to different people. A person’s idea of success is as individual and unique as we all are.
What I didn’t know then, that I know now, my children’s precious childhood years were a “blink” in time. If digital marketing had existed back when I was raising my children I could have had the best of all worlds. I could have been there for my girls more when they needed me, home with them when they were sick and maybe I wouldn’t have felt the constant pull to be two places at once.
We are in exciting times where traditional ways of doing things are being challenged, status quo is no longer accepted as the “way it is”.
This Too Shall Pass
With courage and commitment to learn new skills you can learn how to create your unique idea of success, whatever that may be. You can learn how to have the time and the freedom to be there for your children when they need you. This takes time and dedication and you may have to juggle one more thing, find time to fit something else in. This challenge won’t last forever - like the teenage years - this too shall pass - you can learn the skills you need and be transformed in the process. The Six Figure Mentor program can be learned at your own pace.
Children are Wiser Than We Think Sometimes
If you believe like I do, that actions speak volumes and children will do as we do, not as we say, you can be an inspiration to your children as you learn new things. Children watch. Maybe you facing your fears will inspire them to face theirs. The Six Figure Mentor educational program and community is filled with people who are on their own journey, all at different stages, from various walks of life. Abundant thinkers, people within the community help one another along the way, you are not alone. You can earn as you learn and continue to grow in ways you only imagined.
This Place - Right Now
Why are you here? What choices have you made? What experiences have you had that brings you to this place? What are you searching for? The Six Figure Mentor community may be a part of your journey. The journey is yours, uniquely yours.
You Don’t Know What You Don’t Know
One thing I believe to be true is we don’t know what we don’t know. Here is your time to discover new things, learn what you don’t know, explore the internet, educate yourself to learn how the digital world can work for you.
Hope we can join you on your journey!
Adrienne & Bob
We are digital entrepreneurs who took a courageous leap to start our online business. We have owned an Executive Recruitment company for over twenty years. The industry is being rapidly disrupted by technology. Our business isn’t scaleable and we constantly trade time for money. Our digital business allows us flexibility to work when and where we want and do the things we enjoy. We are passionate about helping others achieve the same.