Starting Something New After Fifty
Have Passion and Fun Left the Building?
Digital Marketing may be the Solution for You
When you have been in the same job, profession or business for 20 or 30 years it is understandable you have lost your passion or just getting bored of the same routine day after day. If you are like me, perhaps you feel the need for something new, a new challenge, something that gets you excited again. Even worse than losing your passion is losing your job and searching for a new opportunity only to realize most companies want to hire people younger than 50. As Executive Recruiters we saw the challenges 50+ year old candidates faced every day. Perhaps you are searching perhaps for personal freedom and the ability to make a difference and you believe you still have so much to give.
Questions You May Ask Yourself
- Do you lie awake at night asking yourself is this all there is?
- Do you feel like you are trading time for money?
- Have you lost your job due to a merger, acquisition or disruption?
- Are new opportunities limited to candidates who are younger?
- Are you tired of cold calling and networking because you have been doing it for decades?
- Do you love your clients and tired of the front end of the sales process?
- Do you have life skills, experience, lots of passion and no where to go?
- Have you lost patience with the rush hour commute?
- Do you find yourself wanting to be 2 or 3 places at once?
- Have you been thinking about making a difference and more meaningful income?
- Are you tied to your business without the personal freedom you imagined?
- Are your kids in university and your lifestyle has become more expensive?
- Did you spend years and invest thousands of dollars to become a Doctor, Dentist, Lawyer, Accountant, Architect, Engineer and lost your interest and passion?
- Is your business being disrupted, revenues are down and expenses continue?
- Do you have a bucket list and you aren't getting any younger?
We attended a business forum where we heard Salim Ismail, the author of Exponential Organizations, who you can watch on this youtube video. The impact digitalization is having globally is fascinating. The message we took away is our world is changing so rapidly we can choose to ignore these changes and be left behind or embrace these changes and move forward. We have learned that industries like the financial industry, the car industry, various professions, the retail business and yes our executive search business are being disrupted. It's the impact of disruption that tweaked our curiosity and galvanized us into action to start our new and exciting journey with Six Figure Mentors.
We have experienced a huge learning curve. A new opportunity is possible for those of us with passion, curiosity, work ethic and the courage to learn something new. Since we became involved in digital marketing we have become sensitive to what's possible and where people are on their journey.
Fifty years of age doesn't have to be the end, it can be the beginning of exciting new adventures and a whole new way of life.
Adrienne & Bob
We are digital entrepreneurs who took a courageous leap to start our online business. We have owned an Executive Recruitment company for over twenty years. The industry is being rapidly disrupted by technology. Our business isn’t scaleable and we constantly trade time for money. Our digital business allows us flexibility to work when and where we want and do the things we enjoy. We are passionate about helping others achieve the same.