Digital Entrepreneur – The Journey is the Destination
On a road trip, how many times did your kids ask that age old question, “Are we there yet”? From a young age I believe we are all in a hurry to get where we are going without taking the time to appreciate the journey. When we plan a vacation, it’s the anticipation that is sometimes more fun than the vacation itself.
We have some suggestions that can help you enjoy the journey.
Here to There
- Assess what here looks like, what needs to happen to get there.
- Set quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily goals.
- Do something that gets you closer to “there” everyday.
- Remember, there are no unrealistic goals, just unrealistic timelines.
Persist - Resist - Enlist
- Learning new skills is hard, cut yourself some slack and remember with persistence and practice new skills can become second nature.
- Resist the urge to quit, quitting won’t get you where you want to go.
- Enlist the help you need after you have given it the “college try”, there are always people who do things we believe are difficult, natually.
Evaluate and Celebrate
- Take the time to evaluate where you are on the journey.
- What are the steps you need to take to get you where you want to go?
- Remind yourself why you are on this journey.
- Revisit what you want more and less of in your life.
- Celebrate the little successes along the way.
- Do something everyday that gets you closer to your goal.
One day, I listened to book about how marketing and branding has evolved over the years. People no longer want to be sold. We all have access to so much information, we are much more educated and much less tolerant of someone who does the “hard close”. We want to choose who we let into our already hectic world, we make our own rules.
A Guy Eating a Salad
The same day I listened to the book, I decided to go on Youtube to explore how Bob and I might create a business where we can leverage our collective life experience. We have lots to share, we have lived through and learned from many situations. So as fate would have it, we saw some guy eating a salad on YouTube and our curiosity was peaked to find out what this guy was saying. Funny how seemingly small decisions can have an enormous impact. We started listening to 7 free videos and our perspective was changed forever.
Knowledge is Power
- The knowledge journey began with us.
- We learned what “here” looked like, what was missing, why getting “there” was so important?
- We believed we were willing to do what it took to be successful.
Breaking Through Barriers to Change
- Some days can be challenging, the learning curve is steep. We reminded ourselves often to enjoy the journey, we could earn as we learn.
- We know we can work at our own pace and that made an enormous difference to us, it relieved a lot of the pressure.
- Sometimes we find ourselves asking, like our children used to “Are we there yet”?
You Are Not Alone
- This has been a life changing journey with some bumps along the way.
- When the bumps were so big and they were impeding our progress we found people on the same journey within the Six Figure Mentor community who helped us through.
- Together we were able to break though the barriers and keep moving forward.
Putting Fun Back into Your Work Day
Just yesterday we were out “tubing” with our family. As we were being pulled behind the boat, our kids videoing us and taking pictures we thought, this is what working looks like now. How lucky are we?
We hope you put the fun back in your work day too.
Enjoy the journey.
Adrienne & Bob
We are digital entrepreneurs who took a courageous leap to start our online business. We have owned an Executive Recruitment company for over twenty years. The industry is being rapidly disrupted by technology. Our business isn’t scaleable and we constantly trade time for money. Our digital business allows us flexibility to work when and where we want and do the things we enjoy. We are passionate about helping others achieve the same.